The Centre offers research-based management and economics consultancy and provides an interface between academic expertise and commercial research consulting, within an international environment. Through us, clients are given access to the latest thinking, research, best practice, benchmarking and analysis of economic and business development issues.
Knowledge Partners – Our work is based on a high level of commercial and academic credibility, through the engagement of clients as knowledge partners ï’ both commercial and academic – with whom we are able to share new thoughts and new solutions, which our clients are then able to action. As the founders of the World Knowledge Competitiveness Index, the European Competitiveness Index, and the UK Competitiveness Index, we are able to utilise our evaluation and analytical resources to better understand the issues facing regional and local development policymakers and strategists.
Innovation Intelligence – It is one of our key research aims to constantly monitor the changing business and technology environment, and to inform relevant actors of new modes of business. In particular, we offer strategic support to a wide range of clients in fields relating to the economics and implementation of technology and innovation.
The list of clients Centre members have recently worked for is extensive, and examples include:
- Alberta Ministry of Innovation and Science
- DBERR (Department of Trade and Industry)
- European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training
- European Commission
- European Foundation for Living and Working Conditions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Intellectual Assets Centre
- London Development Agency
- National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (NESTA)
- National Health Service
- One North East
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Scottish Enterprise
- South East England Development Agency
- Welsh Assembly Government